- 1 cup blueberries (or berries of choice)
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 beetroot peeled (optional)
- 2 tbsp coconut or MCT oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp gelatin
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Sweetener to taste (I used a dash of honey)
- 1/2 cup Kultured Wellness coconut yoghurt
- Add the blueberries, coconut cream, beetroot, coconut oil, vanilla and cinnamon to a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a medium saucepan, sprinkle gelatin on the surface and leave aside for a couple of minutes to soften.
- Heat gently over medium heat and stir until gelatin has dissolved.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and preferred sweetener to taste then take off the heat and allow to cool to room temperature or until the mixture is cool enough to put your finger in.
- Once cooled add in 1/2 cup of Kultured Wellness coconut yoghurt. Transfer mixture back to blender and blend until yoghurt is incorporated.
- Pour into silicone moulds and place in refrigerator until set.
You can make these gummies with any type of fresh or frozen berries: blueberries, strawberries, or a mixture of your choice. The beetroot is for added colour and can be left out, if you wish.
About The Author
I’m Scarlett, a health coach, teacher and lover of all things food, fermentation, family and our simple life by the sea. My husband, Dan is the experimenter and chief guinea pig. Anything we ferment he gobbles down with no hesitation. Anjali (aka Jali pickle) is our daughter and inspiration, the reason that we’re here. The baby behind Cultured Baby.
Over the past few years we’ve pickled, brined, brewed and baked loads of fermented foods, drinks and goodies and we’ve learnt that fermentation is simple. The key ingredient is confidence.