Recipe by Jordan Pie
Makes 12 brownies
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- A big pinch or two of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Stevia or your preferred sweetener, to taste
- 3/4 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/4 cup melted butter, ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 Tbsp gelatin mixed into 2 Tbsp water (set aside to bloom)
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a square slice tin with baking paper.
- Sift the cacao powder and coconut flour into a bowl.
- Add the vanilla, salt and baking powder into the flour mixture. Add the apple cider vinegar on top of the baking powder and allow it to react and fizz up.
- Add the boiling water to the bloomed gelatin and stir to dissolve.
- Add all the ingredients to the flour mixture and combine evenly.
- If you are adding in stevia or your preferred sweetener, do this now and taste along the way until you reach your desired sweetness.
- Scoop the thick mixture into the pre-prepared tin and spread it out evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes. The time will depend on your oven. But you still want the brownie to be a little soft so it goes fudgy once it’s in the fridge.
- Remove it and allow it to cool. Place in the fridge to set and go ‘fudgy’.
- When it’s ready, slice into squares and enjoy.
Suggested Serving: Garnish with fresh berries or fermented fruit and Kultured Wellness Coconut Yoghurt.
Looking for more recipes like this one?
We've got 10% off our Gutalicious Cookbook this month! Just use the code "GUTALICIOUS" to shop the sale! Click the image below to find out more about this beautiful book..