We are thrilled to share with you the wellness profile of the lovely Charlotte Carr. Bubba Yum Yum is a great website for children’s health. Charlotte has collaborated with Pete Evans on a healthy cookbook for kids and shares many wonderful recipes for kids! We’ve loved getting to know more about Charlotte and how a focus on health and wellness has changed her family’s life!
Name: Charlotte Carr
Business: Creator of Bubba Yum Yum Wholefoods for children website.
Hometown: Coolum Beach
Give us your elevator pitch. What does your business do?
I create delicious, easy yummy recipes that are incredibly nutrient dense. From pre conception right through to tens and beyond. My food is fun yum and good for the tum.
Why did you start your business?
It all came about after hours of online researching for gentle healing recipes for my little boy Willow. He suffered so much digestive distress and after 2 years of healing traditional foods and biomedicine I can say we never looked back.
What does wellness mean to you?
A spark, a brightness. Waking up and feeling good. No aches and pains. Delighted what the day might bring. It involves intimacy with friends and family, time in nature, balance, laughs, joy, wonderful nutrient dense food and interesting conversation.
What are your three top health tips?
- Take time out for you. This one is first because I’m not particularly good at this one. I tend to help everyone else first but we can’t burn the candle or else we will have no reserve for those we love.
- Eat fermented vegetables and fermented foods including yogurts and kefirs.
- It’s a tie between including broths in your diet, taking time out in nature and finding balance because they are all so important.
What are three pieces of advice you would give to someone looking to make healthy changes in their lifestyle?
- Move slowly and gently. It doesn’t need to all happen at once. Try to add in one beautiful addition of healthy living to your life a day.
- Get moving early in the day. Get outside and amongst Mother Nature, a play in the park, a walk on the beach, a swim….
- Learn to breath deeply.
Tell us, with an anecdote, why your business has changed your life?
I get emails every day encouraging me, or reminding me the work I’m doing is changing children’s health and their approach to food.
How do you manage a work/life balance?
I’m a student at this. I’ll take any tips. I’m making Willow, my son, and Wes, my husband, my priorities right now before business. I need to squeeze in work where I can and not put too much pressure on myself. Willow will be at school before I know it and i’ll have so much time on my hands then. I’ll never get these years back and I’m making the most of every moment.
Your favourite inspiration/ motivation/ lifestyle quote?
“It always has, and it always will, only ever get better and better and better.”
The four words that best describe your business?
Fun, playful, kind, healing.
To contact Charlotte or learn more about her wellness approach, visit: