These ice-blocks couldn’t be more simple to make and are a terrific alternative to ice-cream on those hot summer days where only something sweet and creamy will do. The berries offer an array of antioxidants, whilst the yoghurt provides a therapeutic dose of probiotics that repopulate the gut with beneficial flora.
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries (or your choice of single berry; blueberry, raspberry, strawberry etc.) Organic if possible, as berries are often heavily sprayed with pesticides
- 1 cup your of your homemade coconut yoghurt made from your Kultured Wellness starter
- ½ teaspoon 100% pure vanilla bean powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon (organic if you can, to ensure maximum nutrient density and to avoid potential chemicals)
- Combine all ingredients together in a blender, or alternatively just mix by hand (depending on whether you want the berries puréed or left whole and chunky).
- Pour into silicon ice block moulds and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Serve straight from the freezer for a sweet, creamy, probiotic-rich treat.